|Job Type:||Full Time|
Group Manager - Mackay and the Whitsundays
Ready to live and work in this beautiful part of Queensland?
- Lifestyle+ - a great opportunity for a seachange!
- A supportive relocation package if you’re looking to move
- Based in Mackay supporting Mackay and Whitsunday Supermarkets
- Join Australia’s largest retailer
Founded in 1924, Woolworths Group is Australia's largest retailer with more than 3,500 stores across Australia and New Zealand that span food, drinks, general merchandise, and hotels. The Woolworths Group is a proud, home-grown Australian business, employer of more than 205,000 people and a committed business partner of many thousand local farmers, producers, and manufacturers.
Due to an internal move, we have an exciting opportunity for a retail professional to support our Mackay and Whitsunday stores. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and see a real impact in the local communities in which you work, whilst enjoying enviable lifestyle benefits including proximity to the local Whitsunday Islands. If you’ve been looking for a seachange, this could be just the opportunity to make it happen!
In this role you will be an integral part of implementing required plans within the area to ensure delivery of the overall business strategy, whilst identifying and developing talent to build a pipeline for the future within the wider region.
Who we’re looking for
You’re the kind of person who creates an engaging high performance team culture through brand advocacy, team focus, providing a sense of purpose and connecting team members to the business strategy. We’re looking for a strong leader who is supportive and able to drive positive outcomes across the diverse needs of the group, ultimately creating great experiences for our customers.
Your Success Profile for this role:
- Retail Operational leadership experience in a big box food retail environment
- Experience in supporting, coaching, mentoring and inspiring a large team
- Strong attention to detail & emphasis on process and compliance
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Financial acumen and ability to interpret, prioritise and make effective decisions based on the financial data
- The ability to think big picture and translate strategy into executable plans
- Excellent organisational, planning and prioritisation skills
- Proficiency with the Google Suite
Why you’ll love it here
In addition to this exciting role, these are some of the benefits we offer:
- An attractive remuneration package
- A supportive relocation package if you’re looking to move to the area
- Team member discounts at all of Woolworths businesses
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across our brands
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of one of the most exciting journeys in Australian retail, apply now!
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.