|Job Type:||Full Time|
Power infrastructure, networks and storage, and the new frontier of renewable energies such as wind and solar, are essential services that keep our communities and industries going. Our in-house specialist engineers develop designs that consider construction, maintenance and end performance objectives from the outset, reducing whole-of-life costs.
The Civil Project Engineer is responsible for providing engineering and administrative coordination for the design, supply, construction and testing of the project. The primary challenges of this position are to ensure the project is completed in a safe, cost effective and timely manner to meet contractual arrangements made with the client.
About the role
We are looking for a Project Engineer to initially work in pre-contracts on a number of bids and ECI’s. Initially based in Brisbane, upon completion of a successful tender this role will become a site based role on a rostered arrangement.
As a key member of the team, your leadership skills will ensure that all work meets the standards in relation to Civil Engineering activities, safety, quality, schedules and cost. You will\:
- Assist the Project Managers with compliance to the documentation required under the UGL Management System;
- Liaise with the Project Manager and the Project Planner regarding schedule issues and status of activities;
- Review and plan the project with the Contract and Project Managers to ensure technical aspects of the job are clear and to become familiar with contractual arrangements made with the client;
- Provide a focal point for all technical based queries for associated subcontractors / suppliers;
- Assist the Project Manager with all procurement and purchases of goods and services and work closely with Procurement business partners;
- Forecasting and verification of all earth works, quarry materials and structural works quantities for reporting and progress claims;
- Assist with safety sections for reports, tenders and proposals; and
- Actively participate in safety training.
You will inspire your team, draw on their diverse skills and create environments where great ideas are heard and everyone looks out for one another. Ideally you will have\:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Civil Engineering;
- Prior subcontractor management experience;
- Previous experience in procurement and purchases of goods and services;
- Applied knowledge of AS9001 Quality systems;
- Solutions orientated with strong negotiation and influencing skills;
- Current Drivers Licence;
- Ability to contribute to a high-performing team; and
- Experience to handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- The chance to join a 6,000 strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors
- Competitive group remuneration and benefits including\:
- incentive opportunity
- health and wellbeing program with company-funded salary continuance insurance
- flexible work arrangements – have a chat to us around how this can work for you
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
What makes you right for UGL
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- A belief that success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.