|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to ongoing growth and booming projects within our Transport Services division, we have a vacancy for a Roadmarking STMS who will lead the delivery of activities for these projects across Auckland and surrounding networks.
This is an rare opportunity for an STMS to build and develop your own team from the ground up within our Penrose, Roadmarking team. We are seeking a motivated individual who is committed to safe workplace practices and has a passion for reaching peak optimisation within your crew. if that’s you, we want to hear from you!
About the job
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the work site to achieve effective protection of people at, in and near the worksite, generally on Level 1 and Level 2 roads. Your day to day job tasks will include:
- Assisting with general roadmarking works including renewal and installation of markings on sealed roads
- Leading toolbox and closure briefings with crew whilst providing clear job details and expectations
- A strong knowledge of Temporary Traffic Management allowing you to follow and promote CoPTTM compliance
- Accurate and timely recording and documentation of activities undertaken for scheduled jobs
- Being responsible for the safe use of materials, supplies and equipment
With 2-3 years of STMS practice under your belt, you will have a clean STMS certificate (1 or 2/3). You will have experience working in a roading or Civil environment with a keen interest in Roadmarking. You will also:
- Hold a Class 2 Full Drivers licence
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate leadership strength with the ability to guide, coach, and empower others
- Be able to articulate and demonstrate a thorough understanding of safe worksite practices
- Be flexible to work both day and night shifts
Perks of joining our team:
A role with Downer New Zealand can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, working in a collaborative environment as well as;
- The chance to recruit and develop your own crew
- Job security and a rewarding pay in a tight-knit, supportive and professional environment
- Full time hours guaranteed – minimum 40 hours per week with paid overtime and other benefits
- Access to a range of corporate discounts and benefits across retail, insurance, trade suppliers and many more!
How to apply:
If this sounds like the job for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 574190 to apply. Alternately, drop into our Penrose depot and drop off your CV today!
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful, applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.