|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking to join a team where you help customers use the latest technology, where you receive cutting edge training and where you’re empowered to make a difference?
We need enthusiastic people like you to provide technical direction to our customers to help them realise their full potential. We need you to help them ensure their IT projects are well designed and their environments are optimised and healthy.
WHO WE ARE
We are Microsoft Consulting Services, and are passionate about delivering Microsoft’s mission:
“to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more”.
We are the Azure Cloud and AI team, and we believe in the power of personal growth and development. We succeed as a team by sharing knowledge and experience. Do not worry about what you don’t know; come and show us what you do know, and we will teach you the rest. We want to invest in you, your training and development.
WHAT WE DO
We provide technical direction to our customers who are deploying, maintaining, or innovating solutions using the latest technology. We enable our customers to have the skills to deploy, support and maintain their environment in line with Microsoft best practices.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to combine their technical passion, creativity, and customer focus to deliver great solutions to their customers and ensure they get the best out of our technologies and solutions.
WHAT WE NEED
- Ability to quickly build relationships and credibility with customers
- A passion for learning about and experimenting with new technologies
- Confidence in creating and delivering technical presentations and training
- An interest in learning to read, interpret and/or develop technical specifications and diagrams
- Ability to build trust to drive change with customers
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
We would also expect you to be able to pass the following Certifications in the first 12 months of employment with us, if you do not already hold them:
- AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
and one of the following
- DP-100: Azure Data Scientist Associate
- DP200/201: Azure Data Engineer Associate
- AI-100: Azure AI Engineer Associate
We are looking for a consultant to join the team who will focus on the following technical skill set. You may already have these skills, or you might be interested in learning about them.
- Understanding of database concepts and deployments
- Planning for and conducting database migrations such as for SQL and Oracle, including activities such as high availability (using DataGuard), scripting and database hardening
- An understanding of both IaaS and PaaS SQL
- Supporting or maintaining mission critical SQL Server Database systems
- Knowledge of RDMS technologies
- Designing and utilizing ARM templates
- Troubleshooting Open Source databases like MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Building large scale data sets in Azure, AWS, Hadoop or similar big data environments
- Knowledge of or an interest in one or more of the following - Sybase, DB2, Hbase, MySQL, MongoDB
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.