|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world-leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources and energy sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost-effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining has an excellent opportunity available for an Excavator Fitter join our team working on our established Cape Preston project based in the Pilbara. FIFO Perth 2:1 D/N roster.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor you will be responsible for the service and repair of our mobile plant, predominantly our Liebherr 9800 Excavator. You will be responsible for:
- Service & Repair of Liebherr 9800 Excavator
- Conduct Daily Inspections & Adjustments
- Recommend best repair options
- Maintain Records Review Downtime Data to Eliminate repetitive Downtime
- Coordinate & Execute Planned Shutdown Activities including
- Provide On job Training & Development of Existing employees
This is a permanent position; however. All roles are FIFO from Perth, operating a 2:1 Day/Night Roster
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Trade qualifications in Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Fitting
- Previous experience , Liebherr R9800 Excavator
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining and servicing large scale earthmoving equipment in a mining situation is essential
- Strong team player and solid communication skills
- Drive, enthusiasm and a passion to be part of a great team culture
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- The benefits of secure, full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to join a dynamic team and develop your career within a highly successful diversified engineering and services business, on a brand-new project with a long mine life.
At Downer we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. Our values, strategy and direction are clear, and we are committed to Zero Harm and to the career development of our people.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with your current resume to this application.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.