|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
The Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) Core Operations team is a centralised function recently established to optimise and execute various operational processes previously scattered across the Mobility organisation. The team, formerly branded as Driver Access & Compliance, plays the crucial role of ensuring that all driver-partners on the platform are compliant with ridesharing regulations and internal requirements which vary across each State and Territory in ANZ.
You will be responsible for ensuring that Uber ANZ’s 80,000+ driver-partners, as well as Uber itself, are fully aligned with local regulations in the nine (9) markets in which Uber ANZ operates, and for identifying and operationalizing ways to improve outcomes for Uber, our driver-partners, and our local regulators. This includes developing and enforcing our driver-partner access criteria in line with regulatory requirements and helping drive forward Uber’s compliance framework and approach. In addition, you will help make sure Uber ANZ’s processes are efficient and effectively executed through sound process design and assurance.
This role will work across many functions and teams in the APAC region, and with Uber HQ in San Francisco. The ideal candidate will have strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills, as well as a love for process optimisation, design, and execution.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the owner of core processes that maintain our driver-partners local regulatory compliance and seamless operations.
- Design and implement new processes to meet ever-changing regulatory obligations and business needs - keeping driver-partner safety and experience front of mind.
- Challenge the status quo by working with internal and external partners to identify and execute a range of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Help manage local and offshore team members to facilitate seamless operations, challenge their problem solving and ensure identification and remediation of real root causes.
- Help define related national standards for driver-partner access requirements (e.g criminal background checks, commercial licensing and vehicle inspections).
- Develop strong working relationships with local partners such a Policy, Legal, Community Operations (support) and global subject matter specialists.
- Work with our global teams to identify compliance risks, develop and execute mitigation plans, and facilitate audits to evaluate the effectiveness of controls.
- Develop appropriate metrics, tools, and methods to supervise and sustain improvements across the organisation.
What You’ll Need:
- 3-5 years of business experience - experience in compliance/regulatory operations and/or top tier consulting / strategy preferred.
- An analytical approach - the ability to seek out and analyse data to back-up sound recommendations (SQL experience preferred).
- Interest in crafting, improving and scaling new processes.
- A customer-centric attitude that actively considers the real-world experience of driver-partners using the Uber App in our multifaceted regulatory markets.
- Clear communication skills. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesise a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take-aways, and disseminate meaningful insights.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. A self-starter attitude is a must!
- Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively, communicate frequently and with high quality; then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- The ability to problem-solve, drive a project independently and secure agreement from partners driven by competing interests.
- Previous exposure to people management.