|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results driven and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have an excellent team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
The Splunk Detection and Monitoring Operations (D&MO) Analyst is responsible for the 24x7 monitoring, operations and response to cyber security threats. You will have a fundamental understanding of Information Security principles and disciplines coupled with excellent communications skills and a continuous desire to learn and grow. We are a passionate team who has fun, enjoys a good laugh but above all else thinks security first.
What you will do:
- Monitor, research, assess and analyse all notable security events from a variety of technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cloud services, endpoint security and operating system events
- Create and follow appropriate pre-defined procedures to further investigate security events and handle escalations
- Work with the Product Security, Threat and Vulnerability Management and Cyber Threat Intelligence teams to implement custom detection of new and emerging threats
- Participate in routine compliance and control monitoring and assist in creation of new monitoring capabilities as controls evolve
- Handle daily tasks, ad-hoc assignments and lead small projects as needed
- Maintain operational reports for Key Performance Indicators and weekly and monthly metrics
- Lead digitization efforts to automate routine playbooks and always be on the lookout for opportunities for automation
- Participate as a member of the SplunkCIRT during major incidents and lend contributions to post-Incident review and continuous improvement
What you will have;
- 1-3 years of experience as a Security Administrator or equivalent knowledge
- Network and Security related technology knowledge including firewalls, intrusion detection systems and endpoint security tools; TCP/IP protocols, network analysis, and the OSI framework; endpoint and server systems administration; and Cloud technologies
- An understanding of Incident Response framework, root cause analysis
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and take-charge
- Willingness and desire to think outside of the box for creative solutions to problems with the moxie to follow-through
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to see things through the customer’s eyes
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security or related discipline is required or equivalent practical work experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.