|Job Type:||Full Time|
Woolworths Group Limited is an iconic Australian company providing our customers with quality, range and value. As a leading ASX listed retailer, we have more than 350,000 shareholders and are proud to be one of Australia’s largest employers, employing over 200,000 people. Our retailing expertise stretches across food & grocery, liquor, general merchandise and hotels, servicing millions of customers each day.
As one of the largest Finance functions in Corporate Australia we provide opportunities across Corporate Finance, Finance Shared Services, Commercial Finance, Capital Management, Financial Control, Operations Finance, Project Finance, M&A and Strategy and Planning.
We operate in a fast paced, nimble environment with professionals who work collaboratively to achieve market leading outcomes. Our point of difference is that we are part of Australia’s largest retailer allowing us to provide unparalleled career opportunities. The Woolworths Group Finance team is positioned to support change and continuous improvement across the business whilst continually focussing on providing excellent customer experiences to key stakeholders.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant (12 month Fixed Term) to join the Reporting & Consolidation team within the Group External Reporting function, based at our Gepps Cross office. You will play a key role in driving continuous improvement of end to end processes, and ensuring transactions are correctly captured as part of maintaining integrity and confidence in the numbers.
Key responsibilities will include
- Month-end consolidation of the Group result
- Ongoing management of the Group consolidation tool and reporting structures
- Accounting for equity transactions
- Accounting for key transactions (acquisitions, divestments, debt/equity raising, buybacks and other financing initiatives)
- Support the Group’s half-year and annual accounts process, including preparation of the group consolidation, cash flow and financial statement analysis
- Key contributor in driving continuous improvement in the external reporting end to end processes, and implementation of new accounting standards
- Management of key stakeholders within Finance Shared Services, Corporate Finance, Planning, Treasury and Business Unit finance teams
- Preparation and review of reconciliations and other governance processes
- Relevant financial/accounting degree and professional qualifications CA/CPA
- Experience in a Big 4 accounting firm and/or large ASX listed business highly desirable
- Strong technical accounting skills including familiarity with Australian Accounting Standards and ability to interpret accounting and reporting requirements
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in supporting financial systems and advanced Excel Skills (BPC, Hyperion/HFM and SAP an advantage)
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.