Last updated 33 minutes ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Bachelors degree required; excellent academic qualifications in instrumentation/ automation/applied to mineral processing engineering or related field; masters degree preferred
- 5+ years of work experience in process control, ideally in metals and mining, although other heavy industries (paper, chemicals, etc.) will be considered
- Experience and knowledge of industrial control hardware and software, database applications, optimization systems and computer control networks, as well as familiarity with different integrated control system, DCS/PLC in an heavy environment
- Experience with closed loop process control system design using P&IDs, control narratives, etc.
- Experience in designing control strategies, implementing in the control systems, and fine-tuning the control loops
- Experience with system identification and modelling of linear and nonlinear systems
- Experience with different advanced process control techniques (e.g., model based predictive control techniques, expert systems, neural networks)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skills with proficiency in business software (e.g., Excel, Powerpoint).
- Programming experience will be an added advantage
- Passion for analytics and interest in developing new approaches to data analysis and application to operational improvement
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and result-oriented team environment with travel 60%-80% to remote industrial locations
- Ability to be stand-alone in senior client settings and present complex value propositions to client executives
Who you'll work with
You will be based in Brisbane or Perth and will be part of the Basic Materials practice. The Basic Materials practice is organized globally with a focus on basic materials clients along our service lines of steel, base metals, mining, and paper & forest products.
What you'll do
You will lead problem-solving efforts on a portion of a client engagement.
In this role, you will be responsible for identifying issues, forming hypotheses, designing and conducting analysis, synthesizing conclusions into recommendations and helping to implement change with our clients. You will be focused around, but not be limited to, delivering and enhancing our propriety advanced analytics approach to processing industries, through joining a mixed team of consultants, industry experts and data scientists. This will include, but is not limited to helping formulate control and optimization problems, determine opportunities for improvement in process control, determine the challenges that may be faced in delivering and sustaining solutions, helping to identify key stakeholders, helping understand and evaluate the impact of control related initiatives, and understand the hardware and equipment challenges. Throughout an engagement, you will be involved in discussions and presentations with senior client leadership.
Your core responsibilities include delivering process control and industry content knowledge, working either directly with clients and client service teams. You will lead or contribute to knowledge development initiatives in order to contribute to our metals and mining capabilities, particularly in the area of advanced analytics applied to processing plants.
You will maintain or develop a strong internal reputation and network with client teams. You will be “in the flow” of new external thinking, including maintaining or developing an external reputation. You will renew personal knowledge and expertise over time to remain at leading edge of field and will act as a reference point for some topics related to our capabilities and your specific areas of expertise. Depending on the level of experience of the candidate, we can hire at the specialist or expert level.