|Job Type:||Full Time|
Opportunity to drive continuous improvement in processes and team performance
Business partner with commercial finance and wider teams
Be part of a highly collaborative and fun team
About the role
We are currently seeking a Financial Accountant to join our Inventory & GP Team on a 12 month fixed term contract based at the Finance Shared Services, located in Gepps Cross, Adelaide,
The primary responsibility of this role is to review, investigate and provide insights on Gross Profit related areas and associated balance sheet accounts for BigW. This includes monitoring all profit lines attributing to Gross Profit, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, as well as supporting the wider GP & Inventory team in driving continuous improvements across all aspects of the teams performance. Business partnering with the BigW commercial finance team and other stakeholders including Supply Chain, SAP IT support, Buying team etc. in assisting queries and requests.
- Supporting timely and insightful reporting of the gross profit result and balance sheet to business unit finance teams based on the agreed SLAs
- Perform, review and investigate divisional trading results and selected balance sheet accounts
- Ensure reconciliations are prepared effectively and provide a clear description of outstanding items, have appropriate supporting documentation, provide a conclusion and an action plan for clearance
- Ensure financial controls are in place and reviewed to comply with accounting policies and standards
- Play an active role in our Corporate Governance Program including testing key controls and reporting on deficiencies
- Liaise with stakeholders to call out insights and resolve queries
- Drive initiatives and strategies for continual improvement of processes
- Maintain an effective understanding of business and reporting considerations
- Maintain stakeholder relationships
- Perform User Acceptance Testing for any changes to the System Environment
The successful candidate will have the following:
Relevant Financial/Accounting degree and professional qualifications such as CA/CPA or working towards
Minimum of 3 years working experience in general accounting, with exposure in retail and large corporate being an advantageous
Strong experience using financial systems in a commercial environment e.g. Excel(pivot tables, vlookups, macros), Powerpoint, SAP, SAP BW, BPC, GCP
Able to communicate complex financial information to a broad audience; able to make the complex simple
Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to synthesise large amounts of data from a variety of sources
Strong presentation and storyboarding skills
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.