|Job Type:||Full Time|
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Join a company dedicated to your career development and where you can simply be yourself at work!
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">So, Why Optus?
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">We see ourselves leading Australia in outstanding customer experience. In striving to achieve this, five core values guide us. These are: customer service, our challenger spirit, teamwork, integrity and personal excellence.
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">We've put a lot of investment behind innovation and would love to work with people who provide ideas that differentiate, disrupt and deliver amazing services for our customers.
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">About the role:
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">This role ensures Optus Business provides excellent delivery of services associated to meet business and commercial objectives on allocated client portfolios, programs and projects. This customer facing role demands expert and innovator level capability to direct and be accountable for all aspects of project services including scope definition, scheduling, resource management, customer relationships, communications, supplier management, financial management and issue, risk, change management and project framework and lifecycle management.
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">The key to success for the Client Services team is the provision of full delivery services spanning both the technical, commercial, capital and operational aspects. Candidates with significant complex delivery experience, as well as a high level of business acumen are encouraged to apply.
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">The ideal candidate will have significant experience managing cross-functional delivery teams within the IT/telecommunications/financial sectors along with tertiary level qualifications in business/IT or engineering. Superior communications skills are mandatory to complement relationship management with senior executives.
- Direct execution of projects as per the agreed Project Management Frameworks
- Innovate, development and optimisation of frameworks, standards and templates for project services
- Retention of customers
- Integrity of information communicated to customers at all times
- The brand is positively represented to customers through all forms of communication, exhibiting empathy to their situation, perspective, constraints and issues.
- Accountable for delivering projects on time, on budget and the required level of quality
- Manage forecasting of project costs ensuring they are timely and accurate
- Invoicing for projects is timely
- Assist in the preparation of routine financial and ad hoc reports including producing and maintain financial documents in relation to projects
- Ensuring invoicing is completed for all projects as per the Project Management Frameworks and Billing procedures
- PIRs conducted for all projects.
- Direct issue resolution and remediation activities.
- Accountable for knowledge management for PIR documentation.
- Feedback to Sales & Presales teams on project performance against scoped solution
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Experience required
- Degree in a Technical or Business discipline
- Proven track record in successfully supporting a large team of portfolio/program/project managers and coordinators
- Demonstrated analytical planning and forward thinking with the ability to conceptualise and create alternatives
- Exceptional leadership skills through high impact influencing and relationship building
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a variety of different environments and respond appropriate to unexpected circumstances and deal with ambiguity in an appropriate and decisive manner
- Proven track record in directing a large team
- Budget Management: Manage business related expenditures through monitoring and evaluating impact of costs; maximizing utilization of resources with cost implications.
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with team members and influence for desired business outcomes
- Ability to prioritise, accurate, attention to detail and highly organised
- Committed to supporting ‘best practice’ change within the organisation
- Demonstrated ‘can do’ attitude, proven ability to deliver under time constraints and external pressures
- Amicable, win-win interaction and communication style
- In tune with the performance of the portfolio and is self-motivating, self-initiating of improvement initiatives
- Ability to work autonomously (within guidance) and make relevant decisions
Optus is a place where we let you do you. Whether you’ll be working in our corporate offices or in a retail store, we are a highly collaborative workplace, and offer a range of perks such as:
A competitive salary
Discounts on products and services
Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
Up to five days of Volunteer Leave per year
Flexible work options
We understand that flexibility means different things to different people. We are proud to offer a variety of options to work in different ways, such as flexible hours, remote working, job share and part-time. Please talk to us about how we can make this role work for you.
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us - we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re creating a better tomorrow for all Australians. We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Curious about our culture? Go behind the scenes with our people by searching #OptusLife on LinkedIn.
Due to COVID-19 and the rise of job applicants in the market, it may take us a bit longer than usual for us to come back to you. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.
Please no recruitment agencies, we’ll be managing this role in-house. Any resumes submitted outside of our process will be deemed the sole property of Optus.