|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a key part of our construction team, you will report to the Project Manager. Your role will involve providing technical assistance on all engineering requirements within the project. You will be assisting the Project Manager with day-to-day operations, project documentation and contractual issues.
Working on projects across the Wellington and Lower North area you will ensure the effective running of the project by providing technical assistance on all engineering requirements. You will also have the opportunity to enhance your project management skills and take ownership of a number of smaller projects across the lower North Island.
Suitable applicants for this role will have:
- A formal civil engineering qualification (BE, NZCE)
- 5 + years' experience in a civil engineering position
- Ideally experienced with bulk earthwork, Concrete and Civil construction
- Experience in reviewing technical drawings and design
- Excellent organisational skills and demonstrated customer relationship management skills
- Sound project or engineering operations experience, including budget management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- A self-starter, highly motivated and goal oriented
- Strong commitment to Health & Safety initiatives
- Willing to learn and build your career in a fast developing regional business
In return we offer:
This is an opportunity to become a key part of our Downer team. Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful and this position presents you with an opportunity to add high value while experiencing long-term growth.
If you're ready to accept the challenge, apply today by contacting heading to www.downercareers.co.nz using job reference number 574455.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.