|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join a team of successful Customer Engineers (CE) in the Customer Success (CS) Global Technical Team (GTT) who are empowering customers to grow faster and perform better by freeing up the power of their data and making it accessible and useable. The Global Technical Team, which you will be a part, is a team with the mission to incubate new technology/solutions. Our CE's work on leading edge technology/solutions which spans Microsoft technology, OSS and 3rd party to drive modernisation and transformation change.
In this role, you will build trusted advisor relationships and be the cornerstone for the optimization and successful implementation of Microsoft technologies with Microsoft's Enterprise Customers.
CE's provide technical guidance and leadership for our customers to help ensure their IT environments are kept optimized and healthy. The focus is to do this in a proactive and consultative manner in order to avoid future issues, regardless of challenging technical or political circumstances. This includes guidance on best practices, risk assessments and migrations, spanning from clients who are at the inception of their journey to the cloud and those that have existing cloud workloads.
The CE's partners with stakeholders from the broader Customer Success Organisation (CSU), Product and Engineering team and Microsoft Services to drive Microsoft's ambitions.
Your challenges will include the following:
- Delivering onsite, remote, and dedicated services for Microsoft's customers.
- Efficiently delivering various services, ranging from customer success engagements to support services, to accelerate our client's journey to the cloud, increase systems availability, resolve critical issues, and ultimately improve the health of our customers' environments.
- Consulting with experienced technical staff to ensure they have the skills to troubleshoot and maintain their solution in line with Microsoft best practices.
- Providing rapid on site expertise to resolve critical customer support situations.
- Contributing to innovation by creating solutions to solve challenges and realize opportunities.
Would you like to:
- Work in a supportive, flexible and collaborative environment with Microsoft's top engineering talent?
- Build on your technical skills whilst working towards your own career goals and aspirations?
- Work for the winner of multiple "Best Employer" awards?
- Be recognised on the Impact being driven at clients ?
As a Microsoft Customer Engineer (CE), you will be required to have experience in both remote and on-site delivery, leading/supporting pre-sales, implementation and optimisation of services and have extensive knowledge and experience in implementing, operating, tuning and troubleshooting enterprise scale Data and AI solutions. This combined with your soft skills and business know-how is important to the success of the role.
You will have immaculate presentation and communication skills, as Data & AI Customer Engineers will typically be engaging with not only IT Operational Staff, but also with IT Managers, Directors and CxOs. This role also works closely with Microsoft's Customer Success Account Managers, Services Executives, Consultants and Account Directors. Therefore, the confidence to engage at all levels is essential.
Our team is evolving rapidly to respond to market needs. With that, we would like to hear from people with who like to be challenged, has a strong desire to continually learn and lead our clients on their journey. The core role requires depth knowledge across at least two of the following technologies / areas:
- Advanced Analytics – Modernise apps with Azure SQL DB, Cloud native Apps with CosmosDB, PostgreSQL, AI (Cognitive Services with focus on Azure Search), ML (Azure Machine Learning, Databricks). Further, people with experience designing and building solutions using technologies such as Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, SQL DWH, stream analytics, machine learning, R server.
- Business Intelligence – Azure Synapse, DW migration from Teradata and Netezza. This combined with knowledge of SSIS/SSRS/Power BI technologies with a deep understanding of data structure / data models to design, develop, and tune BI solutions and reports.
- Database administration (preferably with SQL, including Azure SQL) – SQL migration (IaaS and PaaS), MySQL Migration, Oracle RDBMS to PostgreSQL Migration. This would be further supplemented with performance tuning, trouble-shooting, high availability / disaster recovery, security (mandatory), migrations (on-prem to cloud, oracle to SQL and etc..) skills.
- Participated in proactive account management, planning and strategy for targeted accounts to circumvent roadblocks to solutions.
- Used experience and knowledge along with communication from internal groups to spot trends in performance issues and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrated deep technical expertise in at least one Microsoft specialized technology (Applications: IoT, Mixed Reality, Gaming
Infrastructure: Azure VMware Solutions, HPC, Advanced Networking, Azure Sentinel, SAP on Azure, Windows Virtual Desktop).
- Handled difficult cases, involving broad & complex technical skills for one or more technical specialties and demonstrated the ability to identify & escalate non-routine bugs.
- Created deliverables by leveraging expertise and experience to address common Premier customer needs and promote customer health.
- Targeted proactive Services to customers to ensure remediation plans/action plans are followed.
- Harvested and shared intellectual property (IP) generated from all other engagements enhancing the Service Catalogue.
Operational Precision- 10%
- Implemented and facilitated business driven change, promoting organizational agility.
- Accountable for contributing to delivery metrics.
- Participated as a Virtual Team Member with the EPG and Account Team partners to develop the Services Delivery Plan and Forecasting.
- Demonstrated expected communication skills for Technical Writing, Presentation, and Responsiveness to customers.
Training and Technical Readiness- 15%
- Maintained and expanded certifications related to specialization, allocations, and technical depth and breadth as measured by the individual to ensure appropriate certifications/accreditations for customer issue/engagement.
- Assisted in development of solutions and best practices for key technologies and products to support technical team readiness.
- Maintained role fundamentals while consuming all applicable training (technical, professional & required) within the fiscal year.
- Consistently applied “lessons learned” to current decisions, resulting in improved decision skills.
- Used a mixture of analysis, business acumen, experience and judgment to make high level decisions when necessary.
- Discussed his/her most important values and beliefs, modeled desired behavior and participated in delivery of proactive account management, planning and strategy for targeted accounts.
Customer/ Partner- 10%
- Participated in virtual account team business planning activity by informing the account team of relevant developments with the customer, ensuring activities align (where appropriate) with virtual account team strategy.
- Provided feedback to internal technical specialty groups and representatives on behalf of their assigned customer(s) to ensure that MS Products contain enhanced supportability, interoperability and improved quality. (Such as Bug, Hot fix, CDCR/DCR)
- Contributes and participates with in-person or virtual team meetings to articulate PFE offerings to internal and external customers.
- 5- 8 years of related experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.). Field of Study: Computer Science, Engineering (or related)
- MS certifications highly regarded.
- Confidence, Cross-Boundary Collaboration, Impact and Influence, Interpersonal Awareness, Technical Expertise, Building Customer/Partner Relationships, Value Selling, Analytical Problem Solving, Strategic Insight, Project Management.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.