|Job Type:||Full Time|
Commercial Manager - Transport
- Join one of Australia’s leading retail groups
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Attractive remuneration package
Founded in 1924, Woolworths Group is Australia's largest retailer with more than 3,500 stores across Australia and New Zealand that span food, drinks, petrol, general merchandise and hotels. The Woolworths Group is a proud, home-grown Australian business, employer of more than 205,000 people and a committed business partner of many thousand local farmers, producers and manufacturers.
We are looking for a Supply Chain Commercial Manager to join our Contracts and Commercial Team. Our network utilises multiple modes, across all our brands to deliver exceptional service to our stores. You will manage a portfolio of supply chain services that will improve our safety, service and cost outcomes across all of our transport & 3PL networks.
You will be responsible for, but not be limited to:
- Managing commercial relationships between our Transport & 3PL Partners and Woolworths Operations teams
- Prepare procurement activities, conduct negotiations and deliver recommendations that achieve safety, service and budget outcomes
- Manage ongoing contracts requirement and be the escalation point for operational teams across the Woolworths Group on transport and 3PL related commercial issues
- Develop continuous improvement programs that refine the transport and 3PL portfolio
- Engage with internal stakeholders to deliver short, medium and long term strategic transport objectives and contribute to the development and achievement of the Woolworths Freight strategy
WOW people are great people. Whether we’re learning new things, seizing the initiative, or winning together and our customers are at the heart of everything we do. If you’re the sort of individual who takes accountability and strives to always do the right thing for each other, our communities, our customers, our trading partners and our business then we ought to connect.
We’re looking for our next superstar with the following:
- 8+ Years experience in procurement or leading / managing negotiations in the commercial and contracts area within the supply chain industry
- Extensive knowledge and operational experience of complex end-to-end Supply Chain management
- Ability to engage and work with diverse internal and external stakeholders to achieve mutually acceptable outcome
- Demonstrated vendor management experience across multiple transport modes
- Advanced communication skills (formal presentation delivery and written skills)
- Ability to think strategically and diagnose the end-to-end implication of supply chain decisions
- A highly motivated team player with demonstrated ability to deliver outcomes and work autonomously
- Knowledge and experience within the FMCG retail supermarket and grocery industry highly regarded
- Tertiary Education in Business, Logistics or Supply Chain
Why you’ll love it here
In addition to this exciting role, these are some of the benefits we offer:
- Flexibility isn't just about working from home. It's about opening the conversation and changing the focus to what & how we deliver, rather than where we deliver it. Chat to us about your flexibility needs.
- A culture that embraces new talent and truly a great place to work.
- Team member discounts across Woolworths brands.
- An attractive remuneration package including base + super + bonus
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people.
We are focused on inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of the requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
See how our team are creating better experiences together and connect with us through LinkedIn #LI #work180, Facebook or www.wowcareers.com.au
As part of creating a safe working environment, our Distribution Centres operates under a Drug & Alcohol Policy for all those on site. Employees are subject to possible random testing, and applicants to this role can expect to undergo tests as part of the recruitment process, in addition to a full physical."