|Job Type:||Full Time|
Based in Port Melbourne and reporting to the Purchasing Team Leader, we are looking to appoint an experienced Administration Officer – Purchasing in a 12-month fixed-term contract . As the Administration Officer – Purchasing you will be working as part of our Purchasing Hub providing administration and data entry support to the VIC businesses to ensure that their purchasing needs and compliance are met in an effective and efficient manner.
What you will do
- Undertake the processing of purchase order requests and amendments, maintenance of open purchase orders and resolving invoicing issues;
- Providing advice and training to internal customers on business processes for purchasing, within organisational policies;
- Contributing to the development and improvement of purchasing processes;
- Validate purchasing requisitions prior to purchase order release to ensure best value to Boral and compliance with procurement category strategies, business requirements, and Boral’s governance requirements;
- Provide strong support to deliver the team’s assigned targets around savings/value delivery, risk management, and governance;
- Ensure appropriate consideration is given to safety and other Boral policies when suppliers are engaged to provide goods and/or services;
- Participate in training and testing for any system upgrades as required;
- Other duties as assigned by the Team leader.
What you will need/have
- Experience in a purchasing role preferably within a large, multi-site organisation;
- Experience in using Oracle, SAP or a similar purchasing system;
- Understanding of contract administration and management;
- Understanding of Asset Management and Work Order management systems an advantage;
- Strong work ethic, with a bias for action to solve problems and find solutions;
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook);
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills;
- Strong customer service and business improvement focus;
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organisational planning and time management skills.
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with three strong divisions: the high-performing, well-positioned materials business of Boral Australia; the fast-growing, 50%-owned USG Boral interior linings joint venture in Asia, Australia and the Middle East; and Boral North America, a scaled and growing building products and fly ash business. With its headquarters in Sydney, Australia, Boral had approximately 16,500 full-time equivalent employees (including in JVs) working across over 700 operating sites in 17 countries as at 30 June 2017.