|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Genuine career advancement opportunities across a national business
- High performing team culture
- Organisation dedicated to safety
USG Boral have an opportunity for a Manufacturing Team Leader to join the team. As a Team Leader, you will lead a shift team of up to 15 staff, ensure a safe working environment, minimise waste and maximise uptime and produce a quality product to established standards.
Based in Pinkenba, QLD, the role will report to the Production Manager. As the site operates 24/7, flexibility to work on a 24/7 roster is critical to the role.
The ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities, the position is responsible to build professional rapport and maintain effective relationships through application of communication and interpersonal skills. A strong problem solver and someone with a continuous improvement mindset will thrive in this role. A strong people leader with operational acumen and management skills but also capability and experience in the manufacturing business is key.
- Lead Team to achieve success - manage and develop a team of skilled operators
- Participate in all site HSE activities, improvements, duties and compliance with HSE regulations
- Create and manage improvement projects addressing safety, quality, waste or downtime
- Production of a quality product within agreed plant KPI’s
- Maintain inventory control of raw materials and finished goods
- Review plant performance during / after shift to ensure over-time is managed to agreed target
- Provide feedback to plant management team with any production issues to assist with early resolution.
- Submit a daily report on shift production results
- Manage timecards for wage employees
- Previous experience in continuous manufacturing environment
- Computer literacy / software skills to complete operational tasks (Microsoft Office, UB Safe, SAP).
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of time management and organisation skills
- Flexibility to work on 24/7 roster
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing
- Competitive remuneration package
- Growth in a highly competent team environment
- Opportunity to work in a safe work environment
About USG Boral:
Boral and USG’s plasterboard and ceilings joint venture, USG Boral Building Products, brings together Boral’s leading plasterboard manufacturing and distribution footprint in Asia and Australia with USG’s world-leading building products technologies and strategic assets in Asia and the Middle East. The 50/50 joint venture leverages the two companies' iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints and technological expertise to deliver a unique portfolio of building products across 12 countries spanning Asia, Australasia and the Middle East.
Click to Apply.