|Job Type:||Full Time, Part Time|
- Exceptional opportunity in a high performing in-house Legal team
- Mentoring programs - receive support and coaching to progress your career
- Flexible work arrangements - work in a way that suits you best
This is an exceptional role for a lawyer keen to work on a diverse range of matters in a high performing and highly regarded in-house legal team. You will be responsible for working across many portfolios while being exposed to key executives, senior management and senior stakeholders across the business.
What will your typical day look like?
This role is a 10-month maternity leave cover (full time) role based in Sydney. The successful candidate will ideally be a legal counsel with strong contracts experience, and experience providing legal advice on a range of matters to business stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements and other documents including supplier agreements, alliance and reseller agreements, software licences, confidentiality agreements, privacy and data security terms, and the review of internal policies and other material;
- Provide advice and guidance to the business on legal matters relating to a range of internal business initiatives such as procurement of goods and services, relationships with alliance partners, and compliance with legal and regulatory obligations;
- Assisting the Associate General Counsel on current project to identify and review regulatory obligations across the firm;
- Advise business and internal teams on the implementation of contractual risk management and compliance strategies; prepare and maintain internal precedents, work on other legal team projects, and other ad hoc tasks.
About our team
Our in-house Legal team is responsible for advising Deloitte on its Commercial, Corporate, Enterprise, and Litigation portfolios.
The Enterprise and Internal Services portfolio consists of several key internal practice areas, including privacy and data security, regulatory expertise, development of new products and services, procurement, marketing and sponsorships, alliances, reselling and subcontracting, arrangements with our international Member Firms, and trademarks.
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
To take on this role, you will have at least 3 years' PAE ideally having spent time in an in-house role. You have experience reviewing and drafting commercial contracts, and ideally experience with privacy law and compliance. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong academic background
To succeed in this role, you will have the:
- Ability to provide succinct and relevant advice and guidance to the business on a range of arrangements and initiatives; ability to communicate complex ideas to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Ability to adapt to a business which is growing and has changing services/offerings; ability to manage deadlines and handle a workload of multiple matters with various stakeholders;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a broader team; ability to consult and seek guidance/direction as needed; ability to present alternatives, propose solutions, and "think outside the box";
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now. We'd love to hear from you.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.