|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer NZ is presenting an opportunity to recharge your career within our Water team by completing our Water Ready programme.
Water Ready is a one-week training programme, starting 7 December in Auckland, designed for people who have had their employment affected by Covid-19. This is a course to get you upskilled and ready for work with us in the Water industry. Once you have successfully completed the programme, we will place you into a Full time position to hit the ground running!
We have the following roles available:
Based in Albany but covering the wider Auckland region, Downer NZ has multiple opportunities for Water Servicepersons to join their team supporting our Watercare Contract.
Programme selection criteria:
To join this programme, we are looking for individuals who are motivated and committed to complete the training and join the Downer team. You should also:
- Hold a Full Class 1 New Zealand driver’s license (Class 2+ is even better!)
- Show commitment to safe work practices
- Have the ability to work any given day of the week
- Be physically fit and able to carry out manual handling tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication and be tech-savvy
- Enjoy working outdoors and within a team
- Be able to attend the five day Water programme in Auckland starting 7 December 2020
Benefits of this programme:
We will pay for the costs associated with your training and once you successfully complete the course, we are able to offer you:
- A rewarding pay rate
- Full-time employment with a minimum of 40 hours guaranteed
- A stable work environment with a reliable employer
- A real focus on a safe working environment with all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided
- Ongoing workplace support with training and development opportunities
How to apply:
If this sounds like a fitting next move for you, head over to www.downercareers.co.nz, enter reference number 573070 and register your interest today!
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.