|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Our New Plymouth crew are now looking for you to join us as we carry out work on our 9 year maintenance contracts. We are looking for motivated individuals to help us make a difference, who want to be part of a hard working team delivering quality results.
- Stable working environment – In a fun and welcoming team
- A generous and rewarding pay rate recognising your experience and what you have to offer
- Modern machinery, with more new gear on its way
- Full time hours guaranteed – minimum 40 hours per week with paid overtime and other benefits
- A real focus on a safe working environment including personal protective equipment being provided.
What positions do we have available?
- Grader Operators
- Pavement Foreperson
- Excavator Operators
- Leading Hand
- Drain Layer
- Water Technician
- Skilled Concrete workers
- Hotmix crew members
If you have experience in any of the following positions and have a genuine interest in a career in roading/civil infrastructure then we want to hear from you!
Along with your positive attitude and your ability to work in a team there are a few essentials to what we are looking for:
- You’ll hold a minimum class 1 full New Zealand license and have experience in either of the above roles
- WTR endorsements – or be ready to have these endorsed on your license
- Show commitment to safe work practises
- Work well in a team environment, but can work well alone when required.
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 574499 to apply.
Otherwise visit our depot and fill in an application form and drop off your up to date resume:
106 Rifle Range Road, New Plymouth 4312.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.