|Job Type:||Full Time|
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Alstom has been awarded the PTA Australia’s $1.6 billion Railcar Program. As part of the project we will design, manufacture and maintain 246 new railcars needed for METRONET projects and the replacement of the A-series trains. We will also deliver 6 DMU railcars to replace the five diesel railcars that operate the twice daily Australind service between Perth and Bunbury.
The Production Supervisor is pivotal within our project, and reports to the Production Manager. You will be responsible for managing two production shifts of the Manufacturing activities at the Bellevue facility on the METRONET Project, ensuring trains deliver on time, quality required by customer is met and profitability sustained.
The key responsibilities include:
Environment, Health & Safety
- Ensuring all Production meets the Health & Safety requirements of internal standards, customer specifications and Network Rail standards in Electrical shop and Assembly line.
- Ensuring all measures are taken to eliminate risk, including safety training is provided for all team members.
Quality & Cost
- Ensuring Quality, Cost and Delivery outcomes and implement Alstom Production System for promoting efficiencies.
- Implementing Alstom Electrical processes in the Electrical shop and being accountable of Looms & Cubicles sub-system.
- Proactively identifying areas for improvement by personal check, analysis of quality reports, and leading in action.
Delivery & Management
- Setting up production facility, and visual management in shop floor with team leaders.
- Reviewing production progress in delay basis with Production Manager, Team leaders, Supply chain, Quality and planning to ensure daily production targets are met as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Supervising all production employees, including workforce planning, succession planning, budgeting, training & special processes competency, OHS & quality
This role will be based in Bellevue facility in Jan 2021.
What you’ll bring to the team:
Culture and team fit are imperative for this role. We are looking for someone who has exceptional communication and leadership skills as well as the following:
- Mechanical Engineering, Industrial & System Engineering degree or relevant demonstrable experience from 10 to 15 years.
- Significant experience in Manufacturing or maintenance operations and planning workloads effectively.
- Experience in Railway industry is highly desirable.
- Strong leadership & management experience of a high-volume workforce.
- Experience within an EBA site, Unions and Apprentices & trades.
- Agility, results oriented, team player, who leads by example.
We have a lot on offer for our employees and this is a very exciting time to be joining our project. This is a unique opportunity that is not to be missed.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply. We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required.