|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly competent and highly motivated employees.
Your new role
The Finance Analyst Operational Accounting is responsible for month end accounting processes and applying financial controls to ensure accuracy of financial reports supporting the decision making of the Fund.
Liaison with all levels of the Finance department, from senior managers to operational staff, is an integral part of this position. This will require a continuous review process and involve challenging assumptions, identifying trends and recommending solutions.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Work with the business and Finance Partners to produce monthly accruals for assigned departments
- Producing monthly financial reports and commentary for management
- Run system and activity-based costing calculations on a monthly basis making changes to the model as necessary
- Review month end general ledger reconciliations, addressing any issues
- Cash flow management and bank account reconciliations
- Reconciliation of balance sheet and Fund reserve accounts
- Reconciliations of member transactions to Fund investment positions
- Reconciling and maintaining the Fixed Asset Register
- General Ledger and other accounting system support (including report writing and COA maintenance)
- Assist with preparation of various tax reconciliations and returns including, Payroll tax returns and GST / BAS returns
- Strong finance and accounting skills with 3+ years' experience, ideally within superannuation or financial services
- Completion of CA / CPA, desired
- High level of IT and software literacy, especially advanced Excel capability
- Familiarity with complicated organisation structures encompassing multiple offices, investments, departments, and projects and how this can be configured in an accounting system
- Up to date knowledge of accounting standards and practices
- Ability to understand business objectives and drivers, and how these translate into financial measures
- Highly developed financial and numerical capabilities
What you will get in return
This permanent role will offer you opportunity to work will all levels across the Finance departments, with exposure to senior management and well as the chance to grow your skill set whilst learning from senior members within the team. Furthermore, you will have the chance to work for a growing, dynamic and authentic business that values integrity and puts its members first, but you get a whole host of other benefits. A competitive salary is on offer and your benefits include genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements to name a few.
We put members first in everything we do and are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results, please apply now!
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
Be Inspired, Be Bold, Be you
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.