|Job Type:||Full Time|
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Due to a promotion, an opportunity is available for a Biotechnology Upstream Supervisor in our Biotechnology Manufacturing Facility (BMF) during a critical period where the facility has been selected as the site of scale up and manufacture of the University of Queensland subunit vaccine and the Oxford University viral vector vaccine.
The CSL BMF produces recombinant proteins using mammalian cells and DNA technology to manufacture treatments that will be used to treat life-threatening diseases. In this role you will work in collaboration with Process Development, Quality, and other Technical and business functions and lead the Upstream team in order to ensure efficient and safe manufacture of drug substance for both R&D and commercial activities.
Your responsibilities and deliverables will include:
- Manage and set up daily, weekly activities for the manufacturing of recombinant protein Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API)
- Plan and execute in the commissioning, validation and re-validation of equipment and activities relating to the technology transfer and scale up of new products from internal or external customers
- Ensure that all production deviations are reported. Lead and execute activities relating to the investigation of critical deviations
- Maintain cGxP compliance of Operations and the BMF
The suitable candidate will have a number of the following attributes:
- Proven leadership experience and a self-starter that can motivate, encourage and bring out the best in your team
- A strong communicator with excellent written and verbal skills
- A track record with influencing and coordinating with external teams and external organisational stakeholders
- Biotechnology experience preferred, and knowledge in one or more of the following technologies is desirable fermentor / bioreactor / single use technology
- Preferred Tertiary qualifications in Sciences (Biotechnology, Chemical /Process Engineering etc). Post graduate qualification is advantageous
Apply now to join a global biotechnology leader in an opportunity which will have direct impact on the Australian community! Please include your resume and cover letter in the one document. Applications close 13 November, 2020.