|Job Type:||Full Time|
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Alstom has been awarded the PTA Australia’s $1.6 billion Railcar Program. As part of the project we will design, manufacture and maintain 246 new railcars needed for METRONET projects and the replacement of the A-series trains. We will also deliver 6 DMU railcars to replace the five diesel railcars that operate the twice daily Australind service between Perth and Bunbury.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for Mechanical Technicians to begin in the first half of 2021. These roles will be involved with the manufacturing of the new C-series railcars and will be based at the brand new manufacturing facility at Bellevue.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensure all work is efficiently planned in Bogie Shop and Assembly workshop, is controlled and undertaken in a safe manner; and following safe work practices in line with Health, safety and environmental requirements
- Ensuring the work orders are met in full, on time, every time, by working effectively with planning and supervision to fulfil those requirements
- Performing special process and safety installation within suitable accreditation required
- Improving outcome, quality and delivery performance while ensuring maximum efficiencies are achieved at the lowest possible cost.
- Assisting in the development of Engineering Estimates, and production targets that are in conformity to customer requirements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience in the railway industry is highly desireable
- Experience in Mechanical production, operations or manufacturing
- Mechanical Trade Certification & demonstrable experience
- Be flexible, adaptable and innovative - adapt to new ideas and environments; and able to work flexible shifts
- Ability to read, interpret and understand plans, diagrams, drawings and specifications, as well as read and interprets internal and external reports.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and practices, as well as a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of techniques for interpreting of production scheduling and costing.
- Able to perform critical physical demands such as repetitive heavy lifting, pushing/pulling, reaching out, standing.
- Competitive rates for Perth based positions
- 40 hour per week, with overtime and penalties
- Permanent positions, with progression opportunities
- Work on the railcar program with METRONET from the beginning
- Brand new facility at Bellevue
- Global company experience with ongoing Learning and Development
Stage 1 (October - January) Applications open
Stage 2 (November - January) Video & Face to face Interviews
Stage 3 (December - February) Pre-employment checks, including medical with drug and alcohol screen, criminal and physical checks
Stage 4 (December - March) Offer of employment - Positions commencing from January 2021 onwards
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply. We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required.