|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently looking to recruit a Design Lead to join our Gold Coast team and play an integral role in growing our design team.
Centrally located in the Emerald Lakes precinct, you will be part of a dynamic office that values their people with regular training and social events. You will be offered a secure car park and be given the opportunity to work on notable award winning projects. The Gold Coast office celebrated 60 years on the Coast in 2018 and continues to grow off the back of successfully delivered projects and a strong industry reputation. Our projects are located throughout SEQ and range from master planned communities and high-density developments through to major infrastructure projects.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Taking a lead role in the preparation of conceptual and detailed designs using 12D (land subdivisions, road infrastructure, drainage, sewer & water systems as well as associated infrastructure)
- Working across a broad client base including State Government, Local Government Authorities and private sector clients
- Mentoring and capacity building to a team of a designers and drafters
- Interacting with clients regarding project needs ensuring that expert and quality service is delivered
- Managing deliverables of a project including quality control and the coordination of drafting staff
- Providing input to the continuous improvement of our design and drafting standards
To be successful you will display -
- Minimum 8 years demonstrated design/drafting experience within a consulting environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering will be highly regarded though not essential
- Demonstrated experience using design software including AutoCAD and 12D
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with local authority and state government approval and regulatory requirements
- A commitment to self-improvement and continuing professional development
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.