|Job Type:||Full Time|
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
The Signalling Maintenance Technician will be based in Lilyfield, maintaining the signalling and telecoms equipment on the Sydney Light Rail.
- Maintain Signalling and Telecoms equipment in accordance with specified procedures, including but not limited to:
- Carrying out preventative maintenance programmes and repair of the Signalling and Telecoms equipment
- Performing Fault Troubleshooting, Investigation and Diagnostic Tests
- Regularly monitoring signalling and telecoms defects and failures in traffic, and liaise with key stakeholders, suppliers & sub-contractors
- Mitigating the risk of in-service failures through proactive intervention
- Istall system hardware and software upgrades.
- Perform isolation as necessary
- Report Efficiently
- To report daily, weekly on activities, problem found and measures taken.
- Actively participate in closing work reports within Asset Information System
- Record and report all information relevant to Operational Safety Incidents / Accidents, service defects and failures in a detailed and efficient manner
- Edit and fulfil procedures and check sheets
- As required, attend off-depot meetings to support technical investigations and resolutions
- Any other duties as specified by either the Team Leader or Operation Manager.
Experience and qualifications
- Good analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Be a team player, and able to follow safety procedures and good housekeeping practices
- Participate fully in all training courses provided;
- Available on call, on a roster Basis; work shifts, nights & weekends
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply. We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required.