|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
This position enables EIM of group IT to achieve the following objectives:
- Design and implement applications on AWS platform.
- Migration and Replication of legacy database to Data Lake on AWS.
- Create optimal cloud architecture aligning with security and governance.
- Work with engineering and architecture teams to design and implement scalable software services.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements related to cloud infrastructure.
- Build the infrastructure required to manage cloud workloads working with wide variety of data sources using SQL and other AWS and its partner technologies.
- Build optimal processes on AWS allowing to manage security and governance across end users and application integrations.
- Degree qualified in IT, Computer Systems, software or computer engineering fields or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in building applications on AWS.
- 2+ years of experience with any RDMS or Big Data.
- 2+ years of coding and scripting in Python, Scala is a must have.
- Knowledge in DevOps approach (CI/CD), Git, bash and JIRA.
- Experience with networking and VPC on a complex cloud environment.
- AWS Cloud Management
- AWS Ec2, ELB, EBS, Autoscaling, lambda etc.
- AWS Storage S3, Glacier.
- AWS Security like KMS, RAM, ACM, IAM, etc.
- SSO, MFA CloudFormation, Route53, CloudWatch and RDS
- Shell scripting, SQL, NO SQL
- Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)
Optus is a place where we let you do you. Whether you’ll be working in our corporate offices or in a retail store, we are a highly collaborative workplace, and offer a range of perks such as:
A competitive salary
Discounts on products and services
Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
Up to five days of Volunteer Leave per year
Flexible work options
We understand that flexibility means different things to different people. We are proud to offer a variety of options to work in different ways, such as flexible hours, remote working, job share and part-time. Please talk to us about how we can make this role work for you.
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us - we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re creating a better tomorrow for all Australians. We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Curious about our culture? Go behind the scenes with our people by searching #OptusLife on LinkedIn.
Due to COVID-19 and the rise of job applicants in the market, it may take us a bit longer than usual for us to come back to you. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.
Please no recruitment agencies, we’ll be managing this role in-house. Any resumes submitted outside of our process will be deemed the sole property of Optus.