Uniting Early Learning is the third largest not for profit provider of children’s services in NSW and ACT with 58 services providing quality early learning and outside school hours care.
Uniting West Bexley Preschool is a 50-place preschool that has achieved a rating of exceeding the National Quality Standard. A full-time maternity leave contract exists for an experienced early childhood professional to lead the team in the position of Director.
This role will require you to:
- Provide pedagogical leadership, vision, guidance and support in the provision of a quality educational program.
- Establish and nurture respectful relationships with children, families and staff.
- Provide engaging learning environments that allow children to think critically and direct their own learning whilst ensuring the overall health, wellbeing and safety of all children attending the service.
- To continue and develop further the partnerships established with local agencies and community groups
- Ensure that the day to day operational, financial, human resource and marketing management of the service is conducted in line with organisation policies and procedures.
Applicants will require:
- Bachelor of Education Early Childhood
- Previous experience as a Director
- Working with children check
- First aid certificate, including asthma and anaphylaxis
- Approved course in child protection
- Strong leadership skills and ability to guide a diverse team in providing a quality early childhood program
- Sound knowledge of the Education and Care Services National Law, Education and Care Services National Regulations and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Benefits of working for Uniting include:
- Being a part of a network of service directors
- Professional development opportunities
- Support from the wider Uniting organisation
- Enterprise Agreement with above award conditions.
- Salary packaging available.
This is a full time maternity leave contract until December 2021
Please visit our careers page https://www.uniting.org/join-our-team/current-vacancies
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.