|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Based in Qantas Drive, Brisbane
- Permanent Role with an ASX listed company
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
Based in Qantas Drive, Brisbane this role reports into the Zero Harm Team Lead. The Zero Harm Advisor (Nightshift) will support the development and implementation of zero harm practices across Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and South Coast of Queensland. This hands-on role will commence at 7.00pm and will actively lead and ensure ongoing compliance with statutory obligations whilst mitigating risk.
Exposure in the Civil Road Maintenance or Construction space will be highly regarded as will the ability to influence and engage a wide range of stakeholders, maintaining strong relationships with both operational and management personnel to achieve best outcomes. Demonstrated experience within an industry with heavy accredited vehicles would be highly regarded.
- Diploma or higher qualification in Occupational Health and Safety. A QSA auditor certificate and/or training & assessment qualifications would be highly advantageous
- OHS exposure gained within a high-risk industry where you have conducted site inspections and delivered toolbox talks to crews
- Understanding of Environmental legislation and compliance
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to evaluate and implement Zero Harm policies and procedures and ensure compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to influence at various business levels.
- Strong computer and data analysis skills that extend to report collation and presentation.
- Ability to think strategically, considering both corporate and local objectives/drivers.
- Facilitate and assist with audits; investigations of safety issues and assist in developing improvement plans based on findings
- Demonstrated ability to develop Zero Harm improvement plans to drive and promote proactive safety awareness programs.
- Prior experience with managing return to work programs in consultation with line management; liaison with Workers Compensation Administrator.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team-orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
For more information please email: email@example.com – Please note applications will not be received via this email or phone on 0409 072 562
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.