|Location:||Auckland, Bay Of Plenty, Manawatu-Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui, Taranaki, Waikato, Waikato, Waikato, Wellington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Power and Gas is a leading provider of end-to-end services to owners of electricity, gas and other network and industrial assets. We offer turnkey solutions that include design, procurement, construction, testing, commissioning, protection, maintenance and operation across electricity transmission and distribution assets including Powerco.
We are seeking expressions of interest from experienced Line Mechanics to join our teams across the North Island. As a Line Mechanic, you will work on construction and maintenance replacement projects of network equipment and installations. You will work to establish stakeholder relationships, identify and implement risk control measures and complete other tasks within the team as required.
It is essential that you are an experienced Line Mechanic with knowledge of the power industry and can offer:
- Relevant Line Mechanic or Electrical Registration and current Practising License.
- NZQA Level 4 or equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience including high voltage and overhead work
- Current Class 1 full Drivers Licence, ability to drive a manual vehicle and ideally a Heavy Traffic Licence
- Flexibility to be available for an on call after hour faults roster
- A strong commitment to safety including sound knowledge of the Safety Manual Electricity Industry (SMEI) and Safe Practices for Low Voltage Electrical Work
As a highly skilled Line Mechanic, your previous experience will demonstrate your technical ability with a broad range of work, a commitment to producing a quality job every time and taking pride in your results. You must have good communications skills and a positive team member who can work alone. You will hold Health & Safety in the highest regard.
At Downer, we understand that its people’s differences that make all the difference. So look no further, reach out and let us know you are interested, and we will be thrilled to discuss any opportunities with you.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.