|Location:||Canning Vale, Perth|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Infrastructure Projects, a division of Downer’s Australian Operations Business continues to secure further Transport Projects as we continue to build on our reputation of meeting and delivering on Australia’s major Transport Infrastructure needs.
Transport Projects is a business that is transitioning into a major player in its field in WA. This is an ideal time to join during a rapid growth phase and help in really influencing and shaping the business. Currently we have multiple long term maintenance contracts and large scale long term construction projects on the go, the majority of which are Government funded. All of this is placing us in a very good position moving into the future. We are currently recruiting for a Bid Manager for our Canning Vale office so If you have the expertise and attitude to drive us through this critical growth phase we would love to hear from you.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering and/or Business and/or Project Management
- Strong commercial acumen, with an understanding of different infrastructure and services contract types
- Substantial experience in bid / project management for large, complex infrastructure / construction projects, rail experience a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in supervision of a bid / project team
- A creative and proactive approach to problem solving, with ability to work well in a high paced environment
- Ability to interpret customer requirements and produce a compelling proposal
- A strong commercial acumen as relevant to the above fields (understanding commercial and technical risks, interpreting contract specifications, etc.)
- High level interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrable ability to successfully conduct complex negotiations and influence and persuade people at all levels.
- Proven ability to mediate across multi-functional or multi-discipline teams in order to achieve agreed objectives.
- Strong results orientation and a proven track record of delivering major bids / projects on time, on budget and to required quality standards.
- Proven ability to analyse complex problems, identify critical issues and develop strategies for delivering solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of project and change management procedures.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- The ability to work on flagship infrastructure projects with an industry leader
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
- Permanent position
- Competitive remuneration package
- Based in Canning Vale, Perth.
We are looking for someone with a strong Commercial background, ideally with experience in bid / project management for large, complex construction projects. This is a very busy / dynamic role.
Please apply online now for the next exciting step in your career in Rail or email email@example.com for more information about this role.
Please do not send your Application directly via email.
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.