|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Masters degree in an engineering or related discipline; MBA a plus
- 5+ years of experience in maintenance/mobile maintenance, reliability and asset productivity, preferably as a maintenance or reliability manager using lean and RCM tools and techniques to directly lead change efforts
- Experience with condition based monitoring and predictive maintenance
- Understanding and use of advanced analytics in maintenance and reliability programs a plus
- Significant expertise in the mining industry
- Demonstrated ability to apply information-driven analytic approaches to solve critical operational questions in a practical manner with tangible results
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, and in-depth of knowledge/defined involvement in helping frame, design and execute solutions for challenging manufacturing situations to meet business needs
- Team-orientation and collaborative approach; outstanding listening skills and the ability to manage through influence
- Sophisticated demeanour, comfortable functioning from the shop floor up to the highest levels of client organizations
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong verbal and writing capabilities
- Passion for capability building and mentorship
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and written.
Who you'll work with
You will join our Perth or Brisbane office and be part of the Mining service line of the Basic Materials practice, and work with our manufacturing consultants.
This practice is organized globally with a focus on basic materials clients along our service lines of Steel, Base Metals, Mining, and Paper & Forest Products. Within the practice, Mining is the largest service line with experts and specialists all over the world.
Our Manufacturing service line – part of our Operations practice – focuses on building out capabilities in asset productivity. Asset productivity at McKinsey is an approach to managing assets throughout their lifecycle from engineering concept to decommissioning. Our objective is to help clients achieve transformational change by developing data driven insights in the area of maintenance and reliability in asset intensive industries.
What you'll do
You will help build companies' mining capabilities, particularly in the asset productivity and mobile maintenance area working either directly with clients and client project teams.
This will include projects related to operational excellence and lean, reliability processes, techniques and approaches (e.g., RCM, TPM, risk-based equipment approaches), ISO 55000 practices, condition based monitoring and predictive maintenance practices and techniques, root cause analysis and problem solving, including FMEA capability.
You will play a critical role in making design choices to reduce the total cost of ownership, building client capabilities and leading the development and implementation of asset maintenance strategies through disciplined approaches such as failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA), planned maintenance analysis (PMA), and total productive maintenance (TPM).
You will help implement maintenance management approaches (e.g., planning and scheduling, critical path shutdown management and coordination, and materials management) for productive, cost effective maintenance execution.
Additionally, you will lead maintenance tasks of all sizes, complexity and frequency with an eye toward standardizing activities, eliminating unnecessary steps and reducing waste. You will help shape broad operations strategies such as throughput and productivity, including core elements of asset productivity improvements.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for managing end of life strategies, including decommissioning assets, extending the life, or investing in selected upgrades to improve performance and reliability.
Lastly, you will work with the practice to develop our people, capabilities and thought leadership.