|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Endeavour Group ambition is bold, we want to be the world's best drinks retailer. We know that expectations of retail have never been higher so our transactions must be instant, and our services must be intuitive and personal. We are embarking on our next generation of growth, and we want you to be an influential part of it.
Our family of leading brands is well respected and highly visible throughout Australia, New Zealand and the world; from Dan Murphy’s, our market leading destination drinks merchant, to our local convenience offering at BWS, and our Cellarmaster wines and Langtons businesses with each of them commanding a leadership position in their respective category.
Technical Lead - In-Store Digital
Ready for a challenge? Opportunity to be a part of one of the most exciting retailers in Australia.
As a start-up style business inside Australia's largest liquor retailer, EndeavourX aims to bring the best of Endeavour Drinks to our customers, powered by our team, technology and data. To achieve our customer 1st strategy, we have combined the Digital & eCommerce businesses for Dan Murphy’s and BWS to transform the customer and team experience under one brand - EndeavourX.
With an industry-leading technology team, backed by analytics, we’re resourceful and willing to experiment. Our agile teams are empowered to innovate and deliver an awesome experience for our customers - no matter whether they choose to shop: in-store or online.
Where we play:
EndeavourX Hub is based 5 minutes walk from Central station and walking distance from all the cafes and restaurants that Surry Hills has to offer. The heritage-listed ‘Old Readers Digest’ building has been going under an internal renovation, designed to support flexible working with different spaces for different activities such as collaboration, brainstorming or just chilling out playing ping pong.
At EndeavourX, we also believe in flexible working, and our teams also have the option to work from home.
What we are looking for?
EndeavourX is looking for a Technical Lead to join a squad in the In-Store Digital Tribe. The tribe primarily focuses on the customer experience in our stores through digital interactions or enabling & empowering our teams through digital tools and services, in our Dan Murphy and BWS brands.
You will work in a squad of 2-3 engineers, a Product Owner, BA, Design Team (UX/UI), Delivery Lead and QAs/test engineers.
Tech Leads will be responsible for maintaining coding quality, design and implementation of new and agreed architectures etc. They will also participate in forums within the tribe to share knowledge, experience, best practices and collaboratively redefine the new architecture of the systems. The candidate will be expected to raise and protect the standard of Engineering.
Our Ideal Candidate
You’re driven by a customer mission and passionate about being part of a tribe of great people. Whatever you love - design, technology, engineering, you’re active in the community that sits around it.
You orient yourself around doing what’s meaningful, purposeful and delivers value. You’re excited about being part of digital transformation and disrupting one of Australia’s biggest companies through its new tech venture.
You’re curious and empathetic, with an eye for the bigger picture. You deal with complexity by collaborating with colleagues, listening to customers, testing ideas and continuously learning. You take authorship for what you create.
- We’re looking for someone with a passion for modern technology and an interest in e-commerce.
- You will be a team player with excellent communication skills.
- You thrive on analysing problems, formulating solutions, and making those a reality. You build for the long term.
- You have a passion for quality and know what best-in-class engineering looks like and want to help drive the journey.
- You’re an engineer with 7+ years of experience dealing with complex problems at scale in retail and e-commerce businesses
- You have a computer science or related degree with an emphasis on software and database development
- You ‘get’ agile and feel comfortable giving input on team processes.
- You’re involved in the software engineering community. You enjoy attending meetups, conferences, have a blog or a GitHub portfolio.
- You enjoy being part of every part of the Software Development Lifecycle. You can own the code from inception through to production.
- You want to be part of a digital transformation and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Not afraid to speak up in cross-squad and tribe conversations about engineering best practices.
You have worked in retail and with a big corporate, building technical solutions for retail store systems. You may have invested your talent in startups, digital SMEs or management consultancies. What you do need is to know how you could contribute to our teams. Be interested and interesting!
- Make strategic recommendations for future development, including system robustness, performance improvements, servicing of technical debt, whilst balancing best practice solution design and incorporation of new product features.
- Prepare technical solution designs for new technical functionality and system remediation, for both customer-facing (e-commerce) and on-demand logistics applications.
- Provide guidance/mentorship of engineers at all levels.
- Identify talent, assist in recruiting and onboarding new engineers and build strong teams.
- Review the technical landscape and gain an in-depth understanding of architecture, tech stack, deficiencies, technical debt, and opportunities. ● Ensure documentation of existing architecture, applications and processes are in place and maintained.
- Able to effectively communicate ideas, designs and challenges to business stakeholders in concise and relatable terms.
- Coordinate with other Tech Leads and the architecture team on best practice and ensuring all squads are aligned.
- Advanced software development and design capabilities, with an ability to design simple solutions to complex problems.
- Software development activities associated with the delivery of assigned user stories in line with agile delivery practice, working in close collaboration with team members.
- Participation in agile ceremonies such as standups, sprint planning, demos, retros, workshops, etc.
- Protecting the quality of work at all stages of delivery.
- Development of various applications for retail, delivery and e-commerce, incorporating front end and backend development activities.
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners, BAs, QAs, UX/UI and other engineers.
We need you to have
Leadership & Behaviours
- Enthusiastic and positive team member with a self-directed and self-motivated attitude.
- Set the example for engineers to follow in terms of ways of working, standards, and practices.
- Effective time management to prioritise workload.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to see the big picture.
- Rigorous focus on delivering quality.
- Experience working in a fast-paced development team that follows an agile development methodology.
- Strong unit testing approach.
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders, business analysts, other engineers and testers end to end.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of contemporary approaches, techniques and technologies.
- Ability to think customer first or team first and relate solutions back to the problem and outcomes.
- Strong experience in modern engineering practices and disciplines.
- Ability to stay calm in challenging circumstances and work through problems methodically.
- Details oriented mindset.
- Good understanding of Agile & Lean delivery principles. Provide input to team processes.
And these technical skills
- Flutter or similar Mobile UI frameworks
- Back End C# / .NET / .Net Core
- MS SQL / Performance-oriented development, SSIS
- Modern software design practices
- Modern development toolchain (VSTS/Azure DevOps etc)
- CI/CD development/deployment practices
- Secure coding best practices
- Best practice knowledge of API development
- Strong development testing knowledge - Unit testing, test automation
It would be nice if you had:
Jira & Confluence
Working with Docker containers and orchestration tools like K8s
Experience in working with NoSql databases
Experience with microservice architectures
Experience with the Angular framework as well as HTML/CSS/SASS
What's in it for you
- An attractive remuneration package
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia
- Training and Education - We pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential and give you the opportunity to be innovative
- An exciting career - As our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
Grow with Endeavour Drinks
Endeavour Drinks comprises a diverse range of drinks businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first. Our ambition is to connect everyone with a drinks experience they'll love.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You