|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno's Water & Environment team provides strategic and practical solutions to clients with environmental management challenges. We are currently seeking an experienced Ecologist to join our busy team in our Melbourne CBD office. In this role, you will be a member of multidisciplinary teams delivering outcome focused environmental services on a diverse range of natural resource management and infrastructure projects for private and public sector clients.
Our Water & Environment team work in a flexible way that is tailored to the individual and we pride ourselves in offering our employees trust and empowerment. Our Melbourne office is surrounded by cafes and restaurants and conveniently close to Melbourne Central station within the CBD fee tram zone. Our modern office also includes a free gym and extensive social and collaboration spaces.
Your responsibilities will include -
- Provide advice to a variety of infrastructure and natural resource management projects for private and public sector clients
- Deliver on environmental surveys and impact assessments of terrestrial ecosystems, specifically flora and fauna, biodiversity and habitat
- Deliver environmental analyses, mapping and high quality technical report writing
- Carry out research and field surveys as required
- Working across ecology and environmental approvals to deliver desktop and field-based work packages
- Liaise with internal and external peers, stakeholder and clients
- Assisting with the training and mentoring of graduate and undergraduate team members
- Work to promote and grow Cardno's services
Ideally you will possess -
- Tertiary qualifications in botany/ ecology/ environmental science or related field
- Identification skills in Victorian flora, fauna and ecological communities - VQA qualifications required or the ability to get them within 3 months of employment
- 3+ years post graduate experience within a similar role, ideally within a consulting, construction, or regulatory environment
- GIS experience, including use of field collection mapping tools; strong MS Office skills
- Solid understanding of Commonwealth, state and local government environmental regulations and their application as well as relevant industry standards, practices and approvals processes
- A demonstrated understanding of environmental regulations and their application in Victoria
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship, communication, and team building skills
- Driver's license essential, 4wd experience and accreditation preferable
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong commercial acumen
- Flexibility to overtime and travel
- An ability to interpret and carry out instructions while ensuring safety is at the forefront of all operations
- Position includes both office and fieldwork and the applicant must be physically able to stand and work in the field including in remote areas for extended periods of time.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.