|Job Type:||Full Time|
Applicants to this role must have work authorization in Australia. This role is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Experience managing end-to-end lifecycle of technical projects.
- Experience tracking and translating technical discussions into actionable tasks and next steps.
- Experience in program management leadership, growing programs from nascent to mature and driving mature program operations.
- Great can-do/positive attitude, extremely proactive and willing to get their hands dirty.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to take ownership, bring order into chaos, and collaborate well with others.
- Comfortable with certain amount of chaos/ambiguity and able to have fun on the way.
About the job
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that Google's services—both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems—have reliability, uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement. Additionally SRE’s will keep an ever-watchful eye on our systems capacity and performance. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
On the SRE team, you’ll have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale which are unique to Google, while using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis and large-scale system design.
SRE's culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Our organization brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
To learn more: check out our books on Site Reliability Engineering "https://landing.google.com/sre/book.html" >Site Reliability Engineering, watch a recorded Hangout on Air to meet some of our SREs, or read a career profile about why a Software Engineer chose to join SRE.
As a Program Manager, you are at home explaining your analyses and recommendations to wider audiences as you would be discussing the technical merits of next generation architectures with our engineer to scale their impact.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Lead day-to-day program management supporting the Chrome Site Reliability Engineering teams (Browser Services and Operations), which span Sydney, Australia and Kirkland, USA.
- Promote project management best practices and coordinate cross-team and cross-site dependencies.
- Interface with internal customers and partner teams (distributed globally).
- Drive change management across users of new processes and systems.
- Execute and improve group planning processes.