|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer maintains longstanding contracts and significant operations to over a quarter of New Zealanders. We are proud to be working on a long-term maintenance contract across the Auckland Region.
A bit about your role;
We are looking for an experienced Drainage Serviceperson to be responsible for undertaking routine and emergency maintenance actions on Storm water and Wastewater assets under the direction of the Drainage Team leader. Tasks will include maintenance of wastewater and storm water services, reporting, plant maintenance, and emergency repairs. There may also be a requirement to participate in an on-call roster.
A bit about you;
To be successful in this role you will ideally have experience in maintenance of stormwater and drainage assets, or road maintenance and drain/pipe laying and will also bring with you;
- A full driver's licence and class 2 HT licence preferred
- Minimum 2 years of civil construction, labouring or carpentry experience, preferably involved in water, wastewater and stormwater would be an advantage
- A current Drain laying qualification and or certification will be highly regarded
- Traffic management skills TC and or STMS trained would be an advantage
- Current confined space entry trained would be an advantage
- Strong focus on Health and Safety
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 573590 to apply.
A role with the Downer Water Team can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.