|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer maintains longstanding contracts and significant operations to over a quarter of New Zealanders. We are proud to be working on a long-term maintenance contract across the Auckland Region.
A bit about your role;
We are looking for a Drain Layer to join our team in delivering workmanship of the highest quality and some of your responsibilities would include;
- Activities and operations related to the delivery of renewal projects
- Optimising the use of company resources and contributing to the successful completion of these projects
- You will primarily be assisting and guiding our construction crews undertaking the renewals of water, wastewater and storm water projects.
- Providing support to the crew Foreman and Project Manager on a day-to-day basis with leading the development of water service apprentices.
A role with the Downer Water Team can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.
A bit about you;
Ideally, you will hold a certificate in Drain laying. However, consideration will be given to someone who has prior experience and is prepared to study towards Drain Laying qualifications. And will also bring with you;
- Previous experience in pipe laying in civil environments; including experience with butt welding, pipe bursting and electrofusion.
- Experience with measuring and setting out sites using Dumpy levels and Theodolites.
- A full driver's licence (Class 1). Having licence Classes 2-5 + W, T, R endorsements would be an added bonus.
- Great communication skills & be able to work well within a team
- Strong focus on Health and Safety and protection of the environment
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 572063 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.