Last updated 9 minutes ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 100,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), we’re advancing the power of collaboration with products including Jira, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and more. Driven by transparent values, an outstanding culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team.
UI Platform has a meaningful role to play for the success of company wide programs of work as its components are embedded into all products and therefore have a significant impact on products performance, user experience, reliability, etc. and we are looking for a leader who has a proven track record of operational excellence and project delivery. Our teams provide components and tooling used by other Atlassian engineers such as frontend performance tooling, monorepo management, etc. and a strong stakeholder management and internal customer service experience are required to be successful in the role.
The engineering leader is responsible for technology leadership, structuring the engineering organisation to deliver on strategy, aligning roadmaps to business outcomes, and leading a distributed team of highly skilled engineering teams. The role will drive product development in close collaboration with the triad and will own technical strategy as well as alignment with internal customers. The ideal candidate will have a strong product mentality and experience building positive relationships with their product and design peers. They will also be strong in mentoring and growing other engineering leaders.
The role sits within the newly formed Experience Platform group and is of very high visibility, requiring interaction with engineering as well as product leadership teams. An ability to communicate the team’s vision, strategy and progress to the leadership team succinctly will be highly desirable.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with Design, Product, and other multi-functional partners to build a meaningful vision and roadmap for the team.
- Be responsible for your team's contribution to critical programs and OKRs.
- Lead a series of critical services that other product and platform teams rely on to fix problems for Atlassian customers.
- Be accountable for teams that are the centre of excellence for frontend technologies and open source such as our Design System, Compiled, react-beautiful-dnd, etc.
- Strongly contribute to the strategy behind multi-product experiences that help differentiate Atlassian products.
- Partner to ensure strong adoption of our platform by Atlassian teams.
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- Run multiple teams that run services, hence be experienced at crafting a culture of delivery and operational excellence (performance, scalability, privacy, and security) across a diverse set of teams and services.
- A tack record growing strong engineering leaders and high functioning teams.
- Developed a technical strategy that has successful supported a set of business outcomes.
- Deep experience with modern frontend engineering practices e.g. React, Google Rail, SSR, bundlers, mono repo management, etc.
- Experience building and operating tier-0 microservices that scale for millions.
- Experience building reusable frontend components.
- Experience with Design Systems a plus.
- Experience with developing mobile components or applications a plus.
- Experience scaling large frontend tooling and infrastructure a plus.
- Experience with CI and containerisation e.g. kubernetes a plus.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.