|Job Type:||Full Time|
WesTrac is looking at another hugely successful year in 2020 with upcoming major projects in the pipeline. As a result of this recent growth, we have Permanent opportunities for MCG (Machine Control & Guidance) Technicians.
We are looking for candidates to fill both entry level opportunities and more senior service level roles, with genuine career progression opportunities to the Service Technician and Senior Technician position.
- Entry-level MCG Technicians will be provided with an Industry leading 90-day training programme.
- MCG Service Technicians will have experience in a similar role with knowledge of Minestar hardware and software installations, configurations, and troubleshooting.
- We offer a competitive salary plus a yearly retention bonus scheme.
Reporting to the Technology Operations Supervisor and responsible for the installation, commissioning and ongoing support of the Caterpillar Minestar Technology range that we install on mining and construction equipment. Some of these products include fully autonomous and remote-control Mining equipment in unmanned environments and high precision GPS systems that track material and vehicles across mine sites. Major accountabilities would include Safety compliance, installation of technology systems, ongoing technology systems support, and continuous improvement.
Please note that this role will be based in Perth on an 8/6 Roster, with site based (FIFO) travel as required.
To be successful the following is required
- Trade certificate coupled with a minimum 3 years’ experience in one of the following disciplines, Mechanical Fitter, Electronics / Communications / IT Technician, Auto Electric or Electro Technology Technician (Preferred)
- Genuine interest in the Technology mining sector, specialising in machine control and guidance technologies.
- Interest to become an expert in the Minestar product.
- Hunger and ability to learn new technologies and understand computer systems.
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team environment in time critical projects.
- Ability to travel to regional sites in Western Australia when required.
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics and technical specifications.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- A basic of understand of networking principles would be an advantage.
What we offer:
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Salary sacrifice on Airline Memberships, Motor Vehicles and more
- Various roster types, lifestyle and family friendly
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Further education assistance
- Discounted health insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral
If you are interested in joining a progressive company with significant growth in the pipeline, click the ‘Apply’ button today!
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.