|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
Laing O'Rourke are recruiting for an expereinced Senior Project Estimator / Cost Planner to join our team based in Perth, to work on one of Perth's largest infrastructure jobs which incorporates Civil, Building and Rail works.
- In collaboration with the Design Manager, undertake ongoing review of the developing design throughout all design phases and provide cost planning advice in order to ensure it is developing within budget allowances.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the developing design and influence cost effective outcomes by attending design meetings and providing appropriate cost advice where required.
- Provide design consultants with budget informed direction in a timely manner to facilitate the design development process within the budget parameters.
- Explore, price and propose innovative and cost effective value engineering and design options to the project team and maintain a register of these potential items throughout the course of the project.
- Identify, price and submit head contract variations to the client, and negotiate financial outcomes with the client’s representatives.
- Provide periodic cost planning reports against the project budgets.
- Undertake regular quantity verification analysis on the developing design to ensure current scope does not exceed contractual scope and associated budget allowances.
- In conjunction with the Commercial Manager, develop the project Budget-to-Build to a suitable format for the project, ensuring it is mapped to the original tender budget.
- Assist the project Commercial Manager with budget reconciliations in preparation for subcontract trade package procurement.
- Take corrective action to resolve identified budget problems associated with cost planning and procurement activities.
- Identify, register and monitor project cost planning risks and opportunities related to matters concerning design development, market resource availability, procurement, design option considerations, and the like, and report these to Management.
- Degree in Engineering, Quantity surveying or similar, along with experience in the construction industry in a comparable role.
- Advanced experience in Estimating/Cost Planning, Risk Identification and Value Engineering, with knowledge and experience of large, complex civil infrastructure projects such roads, rail and bridges.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.