|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for your next career move? Do you need a lifestyle change? We have an opportunity for you to join us on large scale operation with a life expectancy of 20 years
Downer Mining are seeking applications for experienced Service Persons to join the team on a permanent basis at Carrapateena, a large-scale, world class modern underground mine owned by OZ minerals located in South Australia 160km north of Port Augusta.
The Carrapateena team works a lifestyle friendly fly in fly out shift roster of 14 days on, 1 week of days, 1 week of nights and 14 days off. We have short chartered flights from Adelaide or Port Augusta to site.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for identifying and reporting faults, carrying out routine servicing, repairs and maintenance of mobile plant equipment. You will also be required to assist the heavy diesel fitters in the maintenance of mining equipment.
- Previous underground experience is preferred
- Automotive trade is essential (Light Vehicle Fitter or above)
- Experience in repairs and maintenance of heavy machinery
- A current open/manual Drivers Licence
- Proven experience in conducting defect inspections and writing reports
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean workspace at all times
- Willing and able to pass Pre-employment checks, including a National Police Check
- You will have initiative and a flexible approach to work with effective communication skills
- Committed to a No Harm Environment
What We Offer
- Accommodation provided by Tjungu village which offers free Wi-Fi, great dining facilities with a range of food options as well as a range of lifestyle options to make you feel at home;
- Telstra 4G mobile network coverage available across site;
- A permanent role with a competitive and attractive hourly rate and accrual of 5 weeks AL with competency-based pay increases;
- Access to a range of employee benefits and discounts on health insurances and local health check programs, as well as discounted vehicle hire and much more!;
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative;
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities;
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employee;
- Job security in the form of a long term contract and a long term mine life.
How To Apply
To register your interest, please hit the “apply now” button and follow instructions to register
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and develop your career within a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.