|Job Type:||Full Time|
Financial Crime Specialist - KYC
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and highly analytical person to be a key player in our KYC Centre of Expertise. This CoE sets the standards and provides expertise on the implementation of KYC laws and policies. Together with Global KYC it plays a vital role in implementing processes to ensure we are compliant with KYC regulations.
In this role you will be responsible for initiating, developing, enhancing and documenting frameworks, methodology and guidance to ensure that we operate according to internal and external laws and regulations.
This is an 'AML sensitive' role and appointment to this role is subject to applicants satisfying the requirements of ING’s AML Policy prior to appointment
What are you going to do? You will
- Undertake review and assessment of AML/CTF ‘KYC’ risks using the Systematic Integrity Risk Analysis (SIRA) methodology to identify risks related to the type of customers, industries, countries, products, services, transactions and distribution channels.
- Be responsible for expertise in the field of KYC, on topics including Transaction Monitoring, Screening, CDD, FATC/CRS, RAS, SIRA and Risk & Quality Control management.
- Ensure all local experts develop and stay attuned with their craftsmanship “KYC Content expert” and provide training to relevant local staff from their area of expertise.
- Develop, maintain and review a documented screening and Intelligence framework that mitigates the relevant customer related risks identified in the SIRA risk assessment. Ensure the framework is appropriately reviewed by Compliance and regularly updated for changes in the risk profile.
- Key contributor to provide ongoing support for the identification, implementation and ongoing management of AML/CTF monitoring tools
- You design and actively provide policy and regulation guidance to ensure new system and business processes are designed in line with risk appetite.
What are we looking for? Someone who has…
- Previous experience in retail banking or financial services in a risk role, preferably related to money laundering.
- Have a proven track record of working in the area of KYC or Financial Economic Crime (8yrs +) and have a thorough understanding of the current market and regulatory conditions and challenges that the financial industry faces.
- Previous experience in the design and management of AML monitoring systems and controls
- Demonstration of continued professional development and thought leadership in compliance, FEC and AML.
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills with the ability to work at all levels within the organisation
- Proven experience in managing FATCA/CRS requirements and processes.
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.