|Job Type:||Full Time|
With risk and compliance being at the forefront of our priorities; we at ING are eagerly seeking a driven Compliance Manager. You will play an integral part in the Compliance function; with a keen eye for encouraging AML and best practices.
Reporting to the Sr. Compliance Manager, you will assist the Compliance team to meet its regulatory and head office reporting obligations in particular in Financial Economic Crime (FEC), you will be proactive in developing, managing and maintaining a best practice compliance framework for all products and services offered by ING relating to FEC.
This is a “hands-on” position that will see you responsible for implementing the Bank’s FEC & Anti Money Laundering (AML) program and liaising with Head office in the implementation of the FEC & AML processes. The role requires a high degree of analysis as well as strong problem solving and decision making ability and interpersonal skills. The Compliance function encourages creativity – where you will develop a mental characteristic that allows a person to think outside the box, which results in innovative or different approaches to particular tasks and achieving compliant solutions for the business
What are you going to do?
- Work closely with the business units to ensure compliance with applicable laws, industry standards and internal policy without minimising strategic business objectives.
- Take a proactive stance in promoting and maintaining an effective and sustainable compliance culture throughout the organisation
- Provide support and advisory to the 1 st line business and maintain the AML program of the Bank. Timely review of AML customer and transaction monitoring system activities.
- Ensure that the team is investigating the KYC and AML alerts referred to the Compliance team in a timely manner and providing advice to the Business units
- Focus on continuous improvement in the KYC and AML related processes such as automation; implement new rules for monitoring, publishing periodic dashboards for the Management.
- Ensure that the alerts related to Name screening activity are appropriately handled including alerts on Politically Exposed Person Alerts and Ultra High Risk Country Alerts
- Reviewing complaints and referrals addressed to the Compliance team relating to FEC matters.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience in the financial services industry specifically related to AML activities
- Ability to understand and research complex compliance issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to successfully negotiate and deal with change
- Strong analytical skills – ability to proactively identify issues quickly and provide business orientated solution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous managerial experience
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities. We would also be open to flexible working applications for this role, please just let us know as part of your phone interview.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.