|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Industry Leader
- Long term government contract
- Based in Perth, WA
The DM Roads business provides a range of services in road network management. We assist road and intelligent transport systems (ITS) asset owners to extract maximum value from their assets and provide road networks that meet the demand of today’s ever-changing environment. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road.
We are seeking to appoint a Pavement Inspector who will be responsible for applying sound construction and maintenance principles to the assessment of all network needs and program development activities.
About the role:
In this role you will be responsible for;
- Providing technical advice on pavement design as part of the temporary works and permanent works design development throughout the project lifecycle from concept design, detailed design through to construction phase services and asset management;
- Work within parameters
- Apply established and sound traffic management principle s in the assessment of all works activities, in particular road network inspections
- Drive and support a proactive safety culture
- Constant inspection on the roads we manage to ensure quality is met at all times
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Meeting project deadlines and ensuring that commitments and expectations are met.
- Work closely with the Senior Project Engineer and Foreman to ensure timely delivery of program requirements from a cost and time perspective
- Ensure forecasts, planning & programming are accurate and up to date
- Ensure compliance of the works undertaken in relation to technical specifications, applicable legislation, approvals and standards with a focus on Risk Management
This role is ideally suited to candidates with industry exposure across, Civil Road Maintenance, Construction, Infrastructure or Bulk Earthworks . You will also have;
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of capital works programs
- Experience in the development and implementation of road pavement design and asset management practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Hold a current unrestricted “C” class driver’s licence
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
For more information please contact: Samantha Temple, Talent & Sourcing Business Partner m: 0448 543 200 e: Samantha.Temple@downergroup.com