|Job Type:||Full Time|
WesTrac is looking at another hugely successful year in 2020 with upcoming major projects in the pipeline. As a result of this recent growth, we have a Permanent opportunity for a Heavy Duty Fitter to join our team in Newman working at Jimblebar Minesite.
Reporting to the Field Service supervisor, you will be working on a wide variety of CAT machinery and associated products to conduct warranty and onsite repairs. To support you in this role we will provide you with the latest training and technical knowledge relating to our products to ensure you are an industry expert. This role is based at Jimblebar mine which has a state-of-the-art camp and workshop facilities.
This roster FIFO ex Perth will be 8 days on, 6 days off, 7 days on, 7 days off roster – 12 hours per day
At WesTrac we Live the Values and Lead by example everyday through actions, behaviours and decisions including compliance with WesTrac’s safety procedures, safe working practices and life- saving rules.
To be successful the following is required:
- Australian recognised Heavy-Duty Trade Certificate with post trade experience
- Extensive diagnostic and fault-finding skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in an isolated and remote environment
- Ability to work and seek out work opportunities without continuous direct supervision
- Ability to work effectively within a team and have a strong commitment to continuous improvement principles
- Strive to assist the Customer to achieve machine availability and reliability KPI’s
- Previous mechanical experience working on Caterpillar products
- Previous use of safety and risk assessment tools, such as Job Safety Analysis and Take 5's
- Dogging ticket desirable
What we offer:
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Salary sacrifice on Airline Memberships, Motor Vehicles and more
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- Discounted CAT products
- Discounted health insurance
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral
If you are interested in joining a progressive company with significant growth in the pipeline, click the ‘Apply’ button today!
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.