ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is an exciting time to join Werribee Mercy Hospital with current and future developments leading towards becoming a Tertiary Facility.
In mid-2018 our current service will grow with the commissioning of our new multistorey acute services building, including additional Theatres, Wards and an Intensive Care Unit. We are seeking an experienced Specialist Surgeon to lead our Unit.
- A 3 -year appointment with opportunity for permanent position subject to review
- between 40 – 64 hours/fortnight
- A unique opportunity to develop and implement the vision and strategy for the delivery of surgical services at Werribee Mercy hospital
- The Surgical Director will assist in the provision of clinical governance and clinical standards, provide leadership and professional support for the surgical workforce
- Work in strong partnership with members of the Senior Surgical Staff and members of the Health Services Leadership Team
- Develop collaborative relationships internally with other departments, and externally with other Health Service Surgical Units to facilitate patient flow.
- Registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), as a Medical Practitioner
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the discipline of General Surgery or other surgical sub specialty
- Fellowship of specialist college i.e. Royal Australasian College of Surgeons or equivalent
- Demonstrated high level consultative and collaborative leadership skills
- Sound understanding of clinical risk management, maintenance of clinical standards and application of clinical governance processes
- Recent experience in leading a process of change
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital is currently undergoing significant expansion with a number of exciting capital projects currently underway, including an $85 million State Government funded redevelopment that will deliver a new critical care unit and take the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Melissa McDonald, Program Director on 0409 534 275 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote Ref No: WMH 142
Applications Close: Thursday, 23 August 2018