|Job Type:||Full Time|
Improving the customer experience is always a top priority for ING. We deliver innovative products which are at the forefront of digital banking in Australia and around the World through data.
The Senior Data Engineer engages in data design, analysis and development, providing insights and identifying opportunities for improvement. You’ll be at the helm of our data engineering team and play a major part of what data looks like for our customers in the future.
What are you going to do? You will be…
- Leading and upskilling other data engineers
- Designing and developing ETL processes
- Working on data modelling and database design
- Reviewing architecture and recommending technologies
- Supporting INGs Business Intelligence and Analytics Platform
What are we looking for? Someone who has…
- Significant relevant experience in data engineering
- Evidence of mentoring junior engineers
- Advanced knowledge of a modern data application.
- Experience creating data integration solutions.
- Strong knowledge in Informatica Power Center and related products.
- Experience in Logical and Physical Data Modelling, including dimensional, relational, and flat-file data structures.
- Fluent in Kimball or Inmon Datawarehouse modelling techniques.
- Fluent in SQL.
- Relational database experience (preferably MS SQL Server).
- Experience in Agile methodology
Nice to have
- Big data and SAS knowledge
- Financial Services experience
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.
(One last thing, ING operates a direct talent sourcing model. So no agency introductions, please.)