|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer's Surfacing division is highly respected and has a great track record for delivering a high standard of work. The Chip Runner works within crews on a day to day basis, conducting site works and activities in accordance with project plans. Your day to day duties will include:
- General labouring activities assisting your crew
- Acting as a spotter for our Chip spreading truck
- Running chip through adjusting the application, and manually spreading chip if required,
- Following health and safety standards and procedures
You’ll have proven experience and exposure to surfacing with a genuine interest in the civil infrastructure industry. You'll also have:
- A Full Class 2 Licence & WTR Endorsements - preferred but not essential
- Previous sealing experience is desirable
- The ability to work hands-on as a team player
- Good timekeeping skills – punctuality and reliability is key!
- Excellent problem solving skills with the confidence to communicate with your crew and the public
A high level of physical fitness as you will spend your days out doors and on your feet.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career with Downer and become part of a leading company who have the strongest footprint in Infrastructure around New Zealand. We also offer:
- A great opportunity to work with an industry leader in road re-surfacing
- Unrivalled on the ground training and development to excel in your role
- Work on various sites to gain an insight into the many facets of surfacing
- Formal health and safety induction with all equipment including tools of trade provided
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz, enter 574242 into the keyword search and register your interest today!
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.