|Job Type:||Full Time|
Flexibility for this role to be based at our Sydney CBD office
Suits an experienced Valuation professional with previous banking experience
Permanent role with an opportunity to establish a Valuations Oversight framework/function for residential and commercial property valuations within the Bank
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager Valuation Oversight who will report to the General Manager (GM), Business Risk and Governance. The primary purpose this role will be undertake oversight reviews of commercial valuations
Specifically, you responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Conducting oversight reviews and providing risk summaries on a sample of commercial valuations
- Significant Commercial Valuation experience gained from either property risk or a valuation business with a minimum of at least 5 – 10 years in a similar role
- Providing valuer expertise on an ad-hoc basis
- Reporting on oversight activities (including preparation of reports)
- Initially assisting to establish the framework to complete the oversight activities
As an experienced candidate in this area, you should possess the following skills and/or experience:
- Experience in commercial lending/banking industry
- Qualified and registered valuer with property valuation experience across a wide range of property/industry sectors
- They should have a broad, in depth knowledge of valuations with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Existing relationships at a property risk level will be highly regarded
- The ability to build solid working relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Proven experience in a role that requires meticulous ability to solve problems and find solutions
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and numeracy skills.
At BOQ we support our people to be their best! We are passionate about providing opportunities for you to grow and develop your career with us. We value integrity, place empathy at the core of everything we do, and are committed to re-imagining banking for our customers, shareholders and our people. We are proud to back Australian businesses.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced! It’s our people that help us achieve and make things possible.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.