|Job Type:||Full Time|
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to work in a dynamic team that is fundamental in protecting our customers and our bank. In this role, you’ll use your extensive retail banking and operations experience to drive best practice across our Know Your Customer (KYC) compliance team.
You’ll be leading a team of result-driven Customer Due Diligence (CDD) Analysts who perform activities such as law enforcement and compliance requests and transaction analysis to name few. You’ll be utilising your critical thinking ability, and your creative and analytical mindset to enhance the productivity and effectiveness of our CDD teams.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to roll your sleeves up and be part of a transformational project towards building a global organisation of KYC.
This is an 'AML sensitive' role and appointment to this role is subject to applicants satisfying the requirements of ING’s AML Policy prior to appointment.
What are you going to do? You’ll be:
- Developing, coaching and leading a team of CDD Analysts to drive a dynamic, exciting and high performing work environment.
- Actively collaborating with the leadership team on the KYC Activities by highlighting opportunities and analysing problems and finding the solutions to these by periodic reviews and process improvements.
- Implementing a monitoring system and overseeing quality/productivity of local team
- Performing various aspects of Resource Management (supply and demand) within the Operations team and creating a high performance, high engagement culture.
- Working with Global stakeholders to create an impact and effectiveness of the KYC Team in Australia
What are we looking for? You’ll have…
- Demonstrated experience in banking; ideally in transformation or operations roles
- Experience leading large (20+) operations teams
- Proven leadership and hands-on experience; in particular driving operation teams to deliver. This will include coaching, mentoring and empowering your staff
- A strong understanding of KYC policy with a proven track record of delivery in the KYC domain
- Strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation skills along with a solution driven approach
- A collaborative approach coupled with the ability to influence stakeholders
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.