|Location:||Perth, Western Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world-leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources and energy sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost-effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Due to continued growth, Downer Mining has an excellent opportunity available for an experienced Zero Harm Advisor to join our Mining team working across our WA projects.
The key responsibility of the Zero Harm Advisor is to support operations to ensure robust zero harm processes are implemented and followed and an effective culture to ensure work is executed in a safe manner in compliance with requirements. The role will be both site-based and Perth based (approx 5 weeks FIFO, 3 weeks Perth). While supporting site you will be FIFO on a 4:3 roster. You will also be expected to cover any absences and leave within the Zero Harm teams on site, this will be on an 8:6 roster as required. Duties include:
- Liaise with Downer Zero Harm and Quality Manager, Operations Manager and Regional Superintendents regarding HSE issues.
- Advise and assist line managers on all issues relating to implementation, monitoring and effectiveness of HSE initiatives
- Promote and support continuous improvement across site
- Performing HSE audits and follow up actions as required
- Assist with change management and risk assessments
- Noise and dust hygiene monitoring
To be considered for this position you must have;
- 5 + years’ experience in a similar role in a mining environment; production, drill and blast, maintenance preferred
- Minimum Cert IV in Health & Safety
- ICAM Qualified; essential
- Qualifications in Hygiene: highly desirable
- Strong experience in coordinating site based occupational health, safety, and training activities
- Previous experience coordinating workers compensation and rehabilitation/return to work
- Experience in coordinating and undertaking HSEQ audits
- Strong reporting skills with high attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and ability to foster collaborative working relationships
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- The benefits of secure, full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to join a dynamic team and develop your career within a highly successful diversified engineering and services business.
At Downer we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. Our values, strategy and direction are clear, and we are committed to Zero Harm and to the career development of our people.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with your current resume to this application. For any queries or help with your application please contact Patrick Hardie on Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply through the correct channels to ensure your application is reviewed.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.